No Mayo Slaw
Mayo is tasty but it is not vegan. Avoid expensive substitutes by learning how to make your own.
- 1 package Cole slaw mix (16 oz. Package), or half a head of white cabbage and 2 carrots, shredded
- 5 green onions chopped
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 1 dash celery salt
- 1 generous dash white pepper
- 1 generous dash black pepper
- 1 generous dash stevia or 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- In a large serving bowl or plastic containers with a lid, combine the slaw and onions.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and seasonings.
- Add to the large bowl and toss well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Toss well before serving.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the almonds over the top if desired.