Here are 10 easy healthy, protein rich recipes to try. Some are sure to become family favorites.
- Vegetable Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Healthy Vegetable Dip
- Vegetable Kabobs
- Vegetarian Fiesta Lasagna
- No Mayo Slaw
- Rosemary Sweet Potato Wedges
- Bean Salad
- Vegan Carrot Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Apple Green Tea Smoothie
- 1 1/2 pounds Roma tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash ground cumin
- Dash dried coriander
- Dash stevia
- Place all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- In a blender or food processor bowl, place half the mixture. Blend until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Empty the contents into a second bowl.
- Place the other half of the ingredients in the blender or food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Check the seasonings. Adjust as needed and process again if desired.
- Empty the contents into the second bowl. Stir well.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, stir well. Place in individual bowls and garnish with a dash of dried coriander leaf if desired.